Best Buddies® Friendship Programs:
Buddy programs represent the three basic missions of the project. These programs help build friendships between intellectually or developmentally disabled people and those who do not have disabilities. They also improve the engagement and life quality of those who have been isolated and experienced exclusion. Those with intellectual or developmental disabilities attend the buddy programs and build meaningful bonds with their peers, gain self-confidence and individuality, and share their experiences as they spend time together.
– Middle School (Secondary/Junior High)
– High School
- Citizenship: A buddy program for corporations and adults (For ages 18 and above)
- e-Buddies: Online buddy platform. This program is run by the States, but one can apply for a membership if based in Turkey.
- Assistant School: The schools that wish to acquaint themselves with the project can assist the schools that are already involved in the project for the duration of a semester.
Best Buddies® Employment Scheme:
The Employment Scheme is one of the three main missions of the projects and represents the ‘Integrated Employment’. This program enables those with intellectual or developmental disabilities to be employed and earn income, pay taxes, and continuously support themselves as independent individuals. Best Buddies focuses on the employment of the disabled people in white-collar jobs as receptionists, office assistants or retail partners.
Best Buddies® Leadership Development Program:
Leadership Development programs represent one of the main three missions of our project. The programs train those with intellectual and developmental disabilities in public speaking and leadership.
- Inspirational Talks
- Buddy Ambassadors: This program supports the youth in starting new Best Buddies programs and organizes special events to raise awareness about the rights of those with disabilities.